Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Tips for safe winter driving

This transcript is automatically generated

Growing up in Florida I really and do what's driving in this -- -- the -- who -- winter driving school.

We'll get a crash course.

Race car driver Tim O'Neal started the school after realizing people -- completely on prepared.

We can save lives this way you know I think most people -- never business did they don't know what to do when it.

Often it's a driver not -- road conditions dangerous some of the biggest mistakes we see the winter driving it's just a matter of.

You're not reading the conditions properly -- they're changing their driving down the road four wheel drive vehicles suvs and pickup trucks and I kind of think.

-- -- -- to get this feeling of overconfidence which is -- everyone needs another car before they hit the highway.

Really makes a big difference whether this is the front wheel drive cars are rear wheel drive car -- -- rear wheel drive it's gonna behave one way of its front wheel drive it's -- -- a different way.

First I have to learn how to drive a six.

What.

That goes bowling by the -- -- -- up.

Then it's off to the course -- Get to know the road.

Even know the condition -- I don't know how slippery it is out here on my drive around kind of got me kind of heal it up.

You know whatever you're on this knowing how to make fun sometimes -- -- -- the -- helmet back.

Keeping it simple and keep you safe -- really focus on doing one thing at a -- hate the -- or accelerate the wanna do it in the middle of hurt even the best drivers slipping sliding -- conditions when watching where you want to go and seeking the car's weight helps.

Whatever's happening really look where you want to end up in turn there.

And that's going to be your best out of me when you feel that -- like the front tires of the lost grip and the car's not turning any -- come up with a -- -- that's not working even have a little bit of break to get some weight under the front.

But no matter how prepared you are obstacles we'll look here.

It's how you react that can be the difference between life and death.

People.

We'll bring something that's coming up I wanna stop I want to get out of the way and at the same time it just doesn't want the big hit the brakes hard and trying to turn the same time.

They might slow down but the targeted wildly.

-- -- -- Look through it looked up down.

Now I'm ready to drive -- even relaxed when you're.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment